1. Do you regularly exceed the dosage of over-the-counter medicines such as painkillers, cold medicines, laxatives, diet aids or sleeps aids?
2. Have you ever gone to a different doctor to get larger quantities of a medicine than your doctor prescribed?
3. Have you ever lied to a doctor in order to obtain prescription drugs?
4. Have you ever taken one prescription drug to overcome the effects of another?
5. Have you ever stolen prescription drugs or stolen to obtain prescription drugs?
6. Do you find that you need to take your drug of choice in order to function normally?
7. Do you make sure you have a steady supply of your drug of choice on hand?
8. Have you ever experienced feelings of guilt or shame about your prescription drug use?
9. Do you hide your drug use from friends or family or become angry when others comment on it?
10. Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use?
11. Have you ever tried to stop or reduce your usage?
12. Have you ever experienced any withdrawal symptoms when you have stopped taking drugs?
13. Do you combine drugs or medicines with drinking alcohol to enhance the effects?